ALL ORDERS USA SHIPPING ONLY
- Built in Bluetooth! The wireless solution to set-up, monitor, update and synchronize SmartSolar Charge Controllers.
- VE.Direct For a wired data connection to a Color Control GX, other GX products, PC or other devices
Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Especially in case of a clouded
sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra-fast MPPT
controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM
charge controllers and by up to 10% compared to slower MPPT
- Load output Over-discharge of the battery can be
prevented by connecting all loads to the load output. The load output
will disconnect the load when the battery has been discharged to a
pre-set voltage (48V model: interface with a relay). Alternatively, an
intelligent battery management algorithm can be chosen: see Battery
Life. The load output is short circuit proof.
- Battery Life:
intelligent battery management When a solar charge controller is not
able to recharge the battery to its full capacity within one day, the
result is often that the battery will continually be cycled between a
‘partially charged’ state and the ‘end of discharge’ state. This mode of
operation (no regular full recharge) will destroy a lead-acid battery
within weeks or months. The Battery Life algorithm will monitor the
state of charge of the battery and, if needed, day by day slightly
increase the load disconnect level (i.e. disconnect the load earlier)
until the harvested solar energy is sufficient to recharge the battery
to nearly the full 100%. From that point onward, the load disconnect
level will be modulated so that a nearly 100% recharge is achieved about
once every week.
- Programmable battery charge algorithm See the software section on our website for details
- Day/night timing and light dimming option See the software section on our website for details
- Internal temperature sensor Compensates absorption and float charge voltage for temperature.
external battery voltage and temperature sensing via Bluetooth A Smart
Battery Sense or a BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor can be used to
communicate battery voltage and temperature to one or more SmartSolar